CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

I recently started tutoring and so far it's doing pretty well. My schedule is mondays-fridays 4-5pm.
After I resigned from Zobel I had this nagging feeling that I had to get another teaching job. A small school that accepts part time teachers (it has to be part time of course since I gave up my job in Zobel to be able to spend more time with Julia so it defeats the purpose if i take another full time job) but when i asked around, most schools require full day and there's one that accepts half day but as my friend put it "the pay is pathetic." So unless i'm some millionaire's wife, (no offense Drago :) and teaching is just my hobby then maybe i'd go for that.

And then there's tutorial... It's definitely not full time and considering it will only take an hour or two a day, its not bad at all. The pay is not bad either. So far i only have one student, a first grader and she's quite a character :) So when i did the computation, this will be paying for our monthly gas consumption. As you know the prices are ridiculously high and are still going up. So at least now tutoring will shoulder gas expenses. I'm considering getting another student or maybe even two. If i do, then i'd be earning as much as I did when i was in Zobel--tax free! And the best thing about it is it's part time :)

All the rest of the day I get to hang out with Julia and watch her goof around with Lily while she's practicing on her walking :) Right now she's in the crawling like a madman stage so thanks to char for these wonderful baby legs (we have them in like 6 different designs!) she gets to crawl all she wants without getting her knees dirty :)




0 comments: