CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

It was my last week in Zobel this week. I gathered the last of my stuff, cleared my desk (four years worth of clutter) and emptied all my drawers. I turned over all my files to the new teacher who will be taking over my subject assignment. I went back to my old classroom one last time and disposed all my trash. I gave away some of my nice classroom materials to the other teachers and brought home the ones i think i would still be able to use. After all, I still have Julia to practice on ;)

So while my co-teachers chattered excitedly about their new section assignments and classroom design themes, I went from one office to another having my clearance signed. And somewhere between formalizing my resignation and collecting all my stuff, I felt a sudden wave of sadness :( After all it's not easy giving up a job in a school that's literally like my second home.

I can't believe it's been four years...Id say it was one heck of a journey and a learning experience I wouldn't trade for anything else.

So here's to all the memories, to the many wonderful people i've met and friends i've made along the way; parents, co-teachers, school admin and staff and of course the kids... working with them has been an incredibly rewarding experience :) Something I will always look back to with pride :)

I will be teaching again, definitely. But first things first, i promised my Dad i'd help him out in the bakery and promised myself i'd go back to school for my MA.

And whenever i feel sad and confused about giving up my job, this reminds me of my most important job of all. And suddenly i'm not so sad :)

1 comments:

Jillsabs said...

what big ears you have joey baguyguy!