CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Updates

Julia learned a couple of new baby signs the past weeks. She knows how to do book, potty, please and butterfly. She's picking up alot faster now. If I do the sign once or twice she's able to imitate almost instantly. I try to take videos but she doesn't cooperate with the camera on.

So far, potty training has been a pleasant experience for Julia. Though this isn't formal training yet, it's amazing how well she responds to it. She has never resisted sitting on the potty. In fact i'd say she's happy and comfortable being on it. Whenever she sits, we give her a book, and 4 out of 5 times she does her business :) I hope we can sustain this until it's time for the real thing. Now that she knows how to say potty in baby sign, I'm hoping she'll be able to associate it with the feeling of having to "go."

Oh and just recently Julia started using a booster car seat! We borrowed the one Char left in BF. When she outgrew her infant car seat we didn't use anything else for months. So I just carried her on my lap whenever we were in the car (and I actually prefer that since I always nurse in the car) but lately she's becoming really rowdy... pressing buttons, standing up, picking up just about everything within her reach, pulling out the car keys from the ignition and insisting on being on the steering wheel. So now (hoping it's not too late) we're starting to train her to sit on the car seat. Anyway, I think since the seat is front facing and upright, she feels more at ease. She just hates being buckled tight. Well, no choice. Safety first.


It's almost her 1st birthday (according to my ticker it's 23 days to go) and jeez, we don't even have plans yet. I'm really leaning towards having a simple lunch or merienda without games or kiddie activities, just a good meal with family and close friends but venue is the biggest question mark. Alot of people are suggesting to just have it in our house, but with the limited space and all... I just don't feel like setting up tables at the garage where people passing by can see everything. I wanted something like a function room or clubhouse of some sort. But then again, since I am officially unemployed, budget is our biggest problem. So as much as I would love to have it at The Palms Country Club or some fancy restaurant, we'd have to settle for something more affordable. Anyway, i'm sure we'll figure something out. Gulp.

0 comments: