CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last Friday, May 15 my mom and dad left for the states. It's been 5 years i think since my dad's last trip to the U.S. and less than a year since for my mom who's been going back and forth on a fairly regular basis. My dad seemed reluctant to go but hopefully he finds himself having a great time (with my mom in tow that's quite a challenge...hehe!), besides among all of us in the family, my dad's the one who needs a vacation the most!

Enjoy your vacation guys! :) Pasalubong ko ha!

***

Last Monday, Julia went to a trial class at Kids' First. She joined the toddler class with kids ages 1.5-2yrs. I loved the place! They recently transferred from Casa Vicente (beside ATC) to Madrigal Business Park so it's nice and new :) and the teachers were super nice too! Julia kept on crying at first so I had to stay inside for a while, then i eased my way out and made yaya stay instead. She was fine towards the end. They did some art, had circle time (songs and storytime), and snacks--which we didn't bring so her classmates had to share with her. Seeing Julia in a classroom with other kids made me realize how big she is already! And how excited I am about putting her to school!

After that, I decided i want to put Julia in a toddler program in a school that accepts students on a monthly basis. Since my dad is away for a more than a month and his car and driver are just here, I'll try to arrange a schedule so that Julia can be dropped off and picked up in school (as much as I would like to bring her, i'm already starting work in Zobel on the 25th). So, I really loved Kids' First, but they only accept quarterly and it's a bit expensive. Then Char told me about Kindercare in BF, they accept monthly for only 5k for the entire month, 5x a week, 2hrs. a day. I'm planning to visit the school today or tomorrow to check out the place and make further inquiries. It's probably too soon to tell but i think i'm going for Kindercare. Though I really loved Kids' First because its super nice and all, I'm not really very particular anymore since Julia will only be there for a month. Besides, i'm only after the socialization and supervised play. Julia learns so much at home already but sometimes she learns irrelevant stuff from watching Wowowee every single day (ex: "Rexona...piso a day!") Hahaha! Yeah, she does that alot... with actions and all.

***
After 1 year, my "long vacation" with Julia is over :( I've been so used to being with her everyday the past how many months that i'm actually having apprehensions about going back to work. But when I think about my new set of students and the classroom i'll be decorating, i feel kinda excited! Hehe. Mixed emotions :) I guess that's the reason why I want Julia to join a playgroup or a toddler program. Coz i don't want her staying home the entire day doing nothing but watch TV and solitary play when she can do so much more.

Will post pictures next time. Nakakatamad eh.

0 comments: