CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Highlights of the past few days...

June 15: Julia's first day of school at KinderCare
Drago and Ninang Krissy went with her :) She was crying at the beginning (as expected) but she warmed up after a while. I think her favorite part was snack time! hahaha.

crying...



working with clay



snack time!
(she likes eating her classmates' food! haha)



June 17: Our first day of school in Prep and Julia's birthday!

It was a suuuuper busy day! Good thing i prepared everything i needed for my class the day before. I just did a few last minute stuff in the morning before heading to KinderCare at 10 a.m. for Julia's bday party. I only asked for a 1 hour off so i had to rush. I passed by Red Ribbon to get a bday cake and then straight to Julia's school. Good thing Drago brought everything else already. We also prepared the loot bags the night before so we're all good. We served popcorn (which they loved!), wafer sticks and juice. Oh, but Julia was crying for a whole hour before the party started. I arrived at her school around 10am, just as they were about to set up and she was still crying! It's because parents and yayas weren't allowed in the room anymore. Guess that's why she got so agitated. Kawawa, bday pa naman nya. Anyway, the party was fun! She stopped crying when we gave her a stick-O. Cute ng kids! They sang happy birthday, then ate, had their pictures taken and then lined up to give gifts and get their loot bags :) It was a memorable event for us coz it's Julia's first school experience. I'm glad we did this! When she's bigger I can show her the pictures and she'll know how special it was :)





I posted all the pictures on facebook

By the way, my class that afternoon went well :) It really pays to be prepared, especially on the first day. I had fun meeting and getting to know the kids. I forgot how much i loved classroom teaching :)

Ok, 9 and a half months before summer vacation. Hehe!

0 comments: